Best Tanka Poems

2-BORGIA

behind the happy mask
are my tears, my lonliness
i wish i could remove it,
the mask and sadness inside
but i'm afraid to stop the show

Brigole, 2-Borgia

Raindrops accompanied me
As you walked away from me.
Just a few minutes
the dark alley was empty
just like the way you left me.

Castor, 2-Borgia

Sun shining brightly
As the leaves dance with the wind
I stand, smiling like a sunflower
Rain or shine, I remain joyful
At the beautiful green field

Mantilla, 2-Borgia

Addicted to her
I never thought I will be.
The weakness in your eyes
Those tears rundown my face
The moment you walked away

Ong, 2-Borgia

I wander in a crowded place
Searching for someone
Further I walk,
I have found my long lost friend...
There, standing at a mirror.

Dumlao, 2-Borgia

I heard the thunder
It frightened my soul within
Made me feel afraid
But the cold wind hugged me tight
And I felt it comforted me tonight

Carorocan, 2-Borgia

Sitting on a bench
feeling alone in this world
no friend to listen
Chirp! A bird sat on the porch
A new friend was there with me

Guadalupe, 2-Borgia

seeing you alone,
blankly staring up ahead.
not a single smile you've shown
and not a single word said,
just silence and nothing more.

Naranjo, 2-Borgia

Like a pendulum
I break free and swing away
It keeps coming back
Three autumns already passed
Back and forth, I'm still swinging

Baltazar, 2-Borgia

A small pretty bird
Afraid to fly by itself
For it's wings cannot
It can only wish for a flight
So high , so light without fright

Angeles, 2-Borgia

Like the sun rising
her smile is never fading
dusk starts to break in
now as she lay down to sleep
sorrow hugs her entire world

Wong

2-CANISIUS

butterflies flutter
all day , up and down
resting on top of flowers
flapping its wings
bidding goodbye to the flower

Espiritu, 2-Canisius

As the candle light flickers
I was lost in delirium
As its fire gently dies down
I was consumed by despair
Trapped in my own senseless mind

Angeles, 2-Canisius

Falling peacefully
snow lie on the tree's shoulders
coldness of winter
leaves to prepare for a new
it will leave with spring wind

Shin, 2-Canisius

Moonlight meets the sea
And waves greet the peacefull shore
Lull the sands to sleep
I have yet to see such peace
Have you seen serenity?

Yoshida, 2-Canisius

Sadly I open
The door with hesitation
Anticipating
The hard cold wind as
I say my goodbye

Agor

2-FAVRE

A girl that's gleaming
in the mirror I see her
staring back at me
as I open my eyes wide
I see myself before me.

Tabuga, 2-Favre

Tick-Tock!! Oh Time!
I spend you like a Dime
You're a valuable that cannot be mine
Without you, my mind will blow away
But with you, I stay

Deduyo, 2-Favre

Sun shines so brightly
Rippled water silenced, still
warmth, serenity
Silence is here within me
But still, I feel emptiness.

Ceniza, 2-Favre

I saw shooting star
In the middle of the night
Wishing a good life
I was lonely with my shadow
Following me wherever I go

Ruiz, 2-Favre

I lay on the grass
staring at the stars shining
thinking to myself,
how small I am in this world
compared to the galaxy I see.

Grageda

2-DE BRITO

Walking slowly away
Loneliness is my company
Feels the emptiness
As coldness greets me back home
And the image of you gone.

Bonleon, 2-De Brito

a Sakura tree
In the middle of a pond
something took my eyes
I saw the sadness' diguise
of a trees's dead wilted leaf

Avillon, 2-De Brito

Walking by the sea
as the wind touches my skin
cool breeze passed by
the Sadness made me shiver
as the warmth of drops overflowed

Comia, 2-De Brito

A diamond dewdrop
Twinkles with morning sunlight
Then gently drips down
The rose's green stem
To care for thirsty roots

Carpio, 2-De Brito

Walking through the shoreline
Washed by the ripples
Of past failures as it flashes through
Memories of her run by
As birds soar up high

Llanes, 2-De Brito

There, a swaying tree
Where leaves fall from its branches
There I sit lonely
Waiting for someone to come
That will give me company

Pacheco, 2-De Brito

I feel the rhythm
of leaves flappin' each other
as the wind pass by
it disturbed the loneliness
awakening my pain

Holland, 2-De Brito

Walking by the street
I see a rock still and calm
How i wish i could be
To be as stiff and still as
The cold hard rock on the street

Yap, 2-De Brito

There I was Sitting
watching birds in the sky
waiting for darkness
to cover my loneliness
after I'll go home and cry

Delos Santos, 2-De Brito


2-REGIS

The night grasps me,
By the sadness that I feel,
Faking smile,
I hid the feeling in me,
As tears appeared, it was freed.

Manabit, 2-Regis

The feeling creeping
Has always been there waiting
The cold setting in
Making it so much harder
To resist the lethargy

Manulid, 2-Regis

I saw a couple
looking and smiling at me
in the green meadows
but sadness came into mind
they were just in a portrait

Calugcug, 2-Regis

I sit here waiting,
Waiting for it to appear.
Locked in a dark room,
There is only one window,
Where I saw the sun Rising.

Porticos, 2-Regis

the pure red roses
in both our gardens
i praise mine
more than my neighbor's
though they look the same

Roque, 2-Regis

Sceams I hear from town,
In the darkness of the night,
Nightmares hover dreams,
Where fear and loneliness reign,
Children waking up from fear.

Icalina, 2-Regis

Silently I stand,
Trying hard to stop my tears,
Now i reminisce,
The bitter-sweet memories,
To strengthen my heart and soul.

Gutierrez, 2-Regis

Curling up so small
Blocking out the roaring sound
Eyes shut, hands on ears
Clamped up tightly like a shell
From the thunderstorm outside

Yem, 2-Regis

At that one moment
I saw a seed from the sky
Cradled in its shell
Fear had rendered me frozen
As a gray mushroom took lives

Paglas, 2-Regis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She Proves the Inconsistency of the Desires and Criticism of Men Who Accuse Women of What They Themselves Cause

Kung Ibig Mo Akong Makilala by Ruth Elynia S. Mabanglo

Love Does Not Know Secrets