After Dark

Eyes mark the shape of the city.

The district plays by its own rules at a time like this.

She seems to be biting off and chewing the book one line at a time.

Even at a time like this, the street is bright enough and filled with people coming and going--people with places to go and people with no place to go; people with a purpose and people with no purpose; people trying to hold time back and people trying to urge it forward.

As you wish

You don't have to answer. I was just asking myself.

If you really want to know something, you have to be willing to pay the price.

He couldn't suppress that curiosity, no matter how big the price was he had to pay.

We take what we can get.

Everybody's got their own battlefields.

Love ho - love hotel

Ni Zemme Le? - What happened?

Time is unclear.

Defer judgment and accept the situation as it is.

I'd better study hard because I'm too ugly for anything else.

I don't stand a chance if you compare me to her.

Between the last train leaves and the first train arrives, the place changes: its not the same as in daytime.

A hint of fatigue shows on her face now that she is allowing herself to relax.

In Alphaville, you're not allowed to have deep feelings. So there's nothing like love. No contradictions, no irony.

Irony means taking an objective and inverted view of oneself or of something belonging to oneself and discovering oddness in that.

Sex that does not need love or irony.

I was tough but everything has its limits.

I don't know how to do things half way.

But maybe sometimes you don't really have it together.

It's not a question of what I think. It's part of being 19 years old. I used to be nineteen myself once. I know what its like.

Time moves in its own special way in the middle of the night.

I can't stand by and let a son-of-a-bitch pull shit like that.

The ordinary-looking ones are the most dangerous. They carry around a shitload of stress.

Its possible for people to draw closer to each other even while they keep a reasonable distance between them.

Three AM. This is the darkest part of the night--the hardest part.

Giving birth to that kind of shared state.

But if I were to say "I cant answer that" in this context, it'd be a de facto yes. That's willful negligence.

I'd just picked up on stuff around the margins of what she said, and put it together just now in my imagination.

But it doesn't matter how I feel: the world we live in are too different. And there's nothing I can do about it. No matter how hard I try.

Certain things it's better not to know.

Live one day at a time.

We are a sheer point of view, we cannot influence things in any way.

The ground we stand on looks solid enough, but if something happens it can drop right out from under you. And once that happens, you've had it: things will never be the same. All you can do is go on living alone there in darkness.

I don't really know what's going on of course, but it seems to me your sister must have some big problem she's trying to deal with, some she can't solve on her own. So all she wants to do is go to bed and sleep, to get away from the flesh-and-blood world for a while. I think I know what she feels. Or should I say, I know exactly how she feels.

Nothingness means there's absolutely nothing, so maybe there's no need to understand it or imagine it.

I was such an easy mark.

I was scared not to have somebody putting his arms around me, so I could never say no. That's all.

In this world, there are things you can only do alone and things you can only do with somebody else.

All I can do is try me best and see it through to the end.

People's memories are maybe fuel they burn to stay alive.

You'll never get away...you might forget what you did but we will never forget.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She Proves the Inconsistency of the Desires and Criticism of Men Who Accuse Women of What They Themselves Cause

Kung Ibig Mo Akong Makilala by Ruth Elynia S. Mabanglo

Love Does Not Know Secrets