Soon

Soon,

my body goes back to work
while my mind wanders home;

my hand grabbing hers
squeezing every moment
to last;

my sight recording
every smile
on her lil face;

my ears remembering
those chuckles
to make them stay;

my nose sniffing
every bit of her smell;

this taste
so bittersweet
I just don't want to leave

but if I stay

moments like these will be more far away

so even if today makes my heart uneasy
and my soul stray

far from where I am
at the moment just as the
the clouds are
to the sun.

I know
that more of these
I will have very

very

soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

She Proves the Inconsistency of the Desires and Criticism of Men Who Accuse Women of What They Themselves Cause

Kung Ibig Mo Akong Makilala by Ruth Elynia S. Mabanglo

Love Does Not Know Secrets